About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 6 January 2014

Make an Easel card for Ooh La La

Good morning and a Happy New Year. Thank you for all the entries into our winter wonderland challenge. You can find the winners over on the Ooh La La Creations Challenge blog. So onto the first challenge of 2014 and its one of my favourite styles of card we want to see your ....

Easel Cards.
so it can be for any occasion so long as it's an easel card.

I used the Shawn Jenkins collection CD and used the Butterfly Garden design set from the CD. I have to say I absolutely love this CD the artwork is stunning and there is so much variety on there you can create for any occasion using it you can get your copy from the Ooh La La Creations website.

So without further ado here is my card.


It is based on a 6x6 square card blank and I cut the face of the easel using a Lattice Labels Spellbinders die (the largest size). I then used the die as a template to cut one of the backing paper from the folder to fit the centre of the label. I added the image at an angle, then added a basket of flowers to one corner.The basket is made using a Joanna Sheen signature die and the leaves were cut using a tattered lace die. The flowers are from Wild Orchid.

I punched three butterflies from vellum and coloured them using a Promarker in Pastel Pink and added pearl bodies.


The inside of the card was decorated with the basket weave paper from the folder on the CD. This basket weave effect is one of Ooh La La's signature designs and it is wonderful and looks as though you have taken hours weaving strips of paper, when in reality all you do is print it off.

I also used a printed ribbon strip from the CD but I cut slots in it and threaded it with blue ribbon to tie into the colour scheme an added the Happy birthday sentiment also from the CD. 


Before attaching the front easel panel to the base card I covered the base card with the same backing paper as the panel.

3 comments:

  1. A little touch of Summer in January Ali, really pretty.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful easel card, I like the image the flowers and the butterflies.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Alli, love it! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete