About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Friday 4 April 2014

A little bit Punky at Through The Purple Haze.

This wee the challenge at Through The Purple Haze is Steampunk. Which has turned out quite useful as it inspired me to come up with an Anniversary card for my Hubby. We have been together for twenty four years in May and on May 1st we will have been married for nineteen years. Now hubby doesn't do cute and cuddly when it comes to cards so it is always a challenge to come up with something for him. I now he doesn't come on my blog so it is safe for me to share it with you.


The papers and images are from the My Craft Studio tinkering with Steampunk CD and I overlaid the bacKground paper with two pieces of sequin mesh one in deep blue and one in turquoise.

I added the wings behind the heart to fit with the sentiment and once the image and the tags were stuck down I added die cut cogs to finish the design and keep with the industrial look. 


I added a verse that is really appropriate at the moment I am a Liverpool supporter and he supports Chelsea, and as both teams are fighting for the Premiership title at the moment match days can get a little fraught in our house. I know he'll appreciate the humour. 

I am entering this into the following challenge 

4 comments:

  1. Up and running again, a week with no computer is the worse, so reliant are we it seems.

    Such a great masculine card, hope you have a great weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I'm sure hubby will love it. Happy Anniversary to you both xxx We really appreciate you taking the time to join us again at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges Hope to see you again next week
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have done a great job with this card well done thanks for joining us at TTPH
    Nicola DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely sTeampunky card......very well thought out and made....excellent.

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete