About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Anything Goes at Through The Purple Haze

This week the challenge at through the Purple Haze is Anything Goes so I have left card making for a few hours to create a scrapbook page The inspiration comes from CSI (Colour Stories Inspiration). This project was for their case file 117 the file is presented as shown below and the rest is up to individual interpretation.


So using the case file above I came up with the following scrap book page the story of a girl and her trike.


this is an old photograph I found of myself in amongst the hundreds of family pictures I am currently turning into scrap book pages. Whilst I wanted to include cogs in the layout, I also wanted to soften it and make it girlie so added the die cut flowers - The centres of the flowers are actually made from watch parts. I added the butterflies to give a flow through the page and lead the eye to the picture. I have also included metal mesh behind the photograph.



I am entering the page into the following challenges
http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully created.....lovely projects....very well thought out too.

    Fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a great job of bringing all of the elements together. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TTPH.

    Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beatiful layout, love all the die cutting. thanks for joining the fun at TTPH.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fab layout :) love how you injected the colours through the flowers. Beautiful :) thanks for joining us this week over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.
    Eithne DT

    ReplyDelete