About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Wednesday 9 April 2014

In the Pink at Fab and Funky

Thank you everyone for all your fabulous entries for our Once upon a time challenge last week if you pop over to the fab n funky challenge blog you can see if you are a winner.

This week it is all about Pink - you can use other colours for contrast but the predominant colour in the design needs to be pink.

We have a new sponsor this week to Artbymiran do check out the lovely stamps there.

I chose to work with Isabel's Flowers to produce this card


Now I freely admit that pink isn't my most favourite colour in the world, but teamed with black I think it is stunning so that's what I did,

I coloured Isabel using promarkers and spectrum noirs. .
Skin Ivory, blush, blossom and TN1
Hair - FS1, GB1, GB3, GB5, GB6
Clothes, Dusky Pink, Dusky Roze and Magenta ( I then added the spots using a Micron pen)
Shoes Cool Grey 1 and 3 
Leaves and Flowers Pear, Moss and Blossom and dusty pink.

The background is jillian embossed dots from Coredinations and I sanded the surface to reveal the paler core. This was layered onto black card stock and I stuck it to a 8x8 card blank. The patterned papers were freebies from a magazine and I layered these onto black as well to make them pop. Having die cut the image I layered this onto black and trimmed it by hand to leave a really narrow border. The flowers leaves and sentiments were cut with a selection of Tattered Lace dies and I layered up the flowers to give dimension adding pearl centres and then to finish off coated the sentiments in Anita's clear gloss varnish - it's like glossy accents but because it is slightly thicker it is easier to apply to small embellishments.

3 comments:

  1. Alli, this is fab! Love the sweet image and I agree, black and pink together is SO striking. Fab colour combo, love it. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card,I love the pink and the black together gives a striking look to the card, and them pink and black flowers are fab! Great image you picked as well.
    Thanks for sharing Hugs Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. I agree, the pink with the black does look nice together. Love the cluster of flowers on the side.

    ReplyDelete