About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 14 April 2014

It's time to Spring into Easter at Ooh La La Creations

Firstly thank you all for your entries into our 'For a Child' challenge last time there were some fantastic entries and it was great fun looking through and commenting. To see if you are a winner go to the blog at  Ooh La La Creations.

Whilst you're there take a look at our new challenge for the next fortnight which is ....

Easter or Spring 

This time I chose to work with an image from the 'Yesterday's Memories' CD and went for spring rather than Easter. I always know when spring is on the way when I see the snowdrops pushing their heads through the soil in my garden. I needed a birthday card for a dear lady who lives near my dad. She is a chef and often pops along to see him to take him  pies, soups or desserts she has made. He in turn keeps her supplied with fresh vegetables he grows in his garden, 


I went with the fresh blue as the main colour and as I hadn't done any decoupage in a while decided to use one f the decoupage images for the centre piece. I surrounded it with a silver frame I had cut from mirror card using a Tattered lace die. rather than popping all the cut out shapes out of the frame I taped them in t give it an embossed feel.

I die cut the flourishes and the words from a bright sky blue paper. the backing paper is from the same CD and I matted this onto silver mirror card and the sky blue card. 

It was a really quick and easy card to make but makes me feel that winter is over and we have spring and summer to look forward to.

3 comments:

  1. Great card Allison! I love the silver frame & the colours you've used!
    Great work as always!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card I love the design and colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Alli, love how you've decoupaged the flower, really makes them pop. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete