About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 21 April 2014

Struck by creativity at Through the Purple Haze

I seem to be on a bit of a roll with getting some of my digital photographs printed and scrapbooked at the moment mainly due to the fantastic inspiration over on the CSI challenges page 
the latest case file is shown below


so following the rules of having to incorporate all 5 colours ( or the closet proximation of all 5 colours from my stash) at least two pieces from the evidence list and at least one thing from the Testimony list I came up with this layout.


I have included all of the 5 colours. From the evidence list I used several of the things listed. I started with a floral background I didn't have any in my stash that was the correct colours so instead used a sheet of paper from Luminarte intended for use with twinkling H2Os. It has a resist finish with uncoated area that pick u the colours. So not having any H2O's I used distress inks instead and layered up brushed corduroy, iced spruce and stormy sky the edges were then distressed using a pair of scissors. I stuck this down onto a piece of light brown card. I tore and sanded a piece of dotted coredinations card stock in the lovely fresh green and stuck this in one corner. I used something unexpected for the image come on honestly how many of you reading this were actually expecting a photograph of a white Blackbird? 

I framed the image with a die cut frame and also framed a much smaller image of a black Blackbird using a frame made from Paper clay that had been painted with white gesso. 

I added 2 tags one already coloured that just needed a bit of distressing round the edges and the other I coloured with distress inks in the same shades as for the background and gave it a quick spritz with some luminarte gold shimmer mist. 


I added wooden corner flourishes and a wooden bird cage which had also been given the shimmer mist treatment. 

The title was easy I love using song titles or lyrics in my titles and as incomprehensible as the lyrics to my chosen song are it is still one of my favourite songs from the Psychadelic 60's and I was fortunate to see Gary Brooker (former Procul Harum keyboard player) perform it live a few years ago. I just used a computer font then cut each word to form a tile which I coloured with more distress ink. 


I hate throwing anything away so when we recently had a beautiful leather Chesterfield sofa's re upholstered after 20 years I kept the old leather and have used some of it for the flowers die cut using a Tim Holtz tattered flowers die. I added various metal Jewellery findings and gems for the centres and finished off with some metal bird charms.

For the testimony section I included 2 separate tags which I had added Journalling to one tag containing 7 interesting facts about the white Blackbird. for example it isn't actually an albino but a leutino because it does not have red eyes, but the normal colour eyes for a Blackbird it just lacks pigment in its feathers.

So that was my creativity this Monday Morning 
I am entering the layout into the  following challenges 

http://creativeknockouts.blogspot.co.uk/ - Furry or Feathery Friends 

6 comments:

  1. Your creation is lovely Alli and just perfect for our Birds and Feathers theme at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x (Not sure if you entered my Grand Calibur candy here if not there is still time to do so)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely page and very interesting too, l am just looking at my suite and wondering if l will be making flowers out of it too in years to come lol.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Birds & Feathers' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing project.....and what great ideas....its lovely..

    fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page with lots of birdies and beautiful details.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Challenge, welcome again;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow very interesting what a great creation.. Thank you for joining in with TTPH

    Jacqui DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful layout thank you for joining us at TTPH
    Nicola DT

    ReplyDelete