About Me

My photo
Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom
I have been crafting since May 2008, when in desperation to find an unusual birthday card for my Mum, I gave up looking in the shops and decided to have a go at making my own. I soon realised that crafting is addictive and I haven't brought a card since. In 2011 I completed my certificate in papercrafting as a result of the work I did as part of the course I started entering challenges on line and in magazines. I applied for design teams and also started making samples for Ooh La La Creations for their shows on Create and Craft. I have now completed my Diploma in professional crafting and most recently been runner up in the Papercrafter of the Year 2013 a competition run by Papercraft essentials magazine, I don't have a particular style I like to use elements from lots of styles and techniques, although I do love all things vintage. In 2014 I started to move more towards scrapbooking to take care of the huge family archive of photographs that were stored in my attic. I have continued cardmaking and Scrapbooking through 2015 and 2016 but have also become interested in off the page projects. I hope to be able focus on these in the future.

Monday 2 March 2015

Lots of folds at Ooh La La creations



Hello everyone, firstly we had some absolutely fabulous entries for the 'Add something Green' Challenge over at Ooh La La Creations last time. To see if you have made our top 3 please check the challenge blog.

The theme for the next fortnight is ...

'Lots of Folds'

For my design team card I used images and papers from both 


and 


Rather than going with fancy folds on the card shape I went for paper folding on my card 


I folded a piece of A4 card to make an asymmetric card blank and then cut an aperture in the front flap.

I folded a piece of A4 paper which had been scored at one inch and half inch intervals to make a pleated 'curtain and stuck this over the aperture and then added thin frames cut out of black card.

I cut the tailor's dummy from kraft card and cut another from the black and white spotted paper which is from the 'Faithful Friends' CD. I trimmed the paper to fit the 'bodice' part of the dummy and then added a pleated skirt folded from a scalloped circle.

I trimmed the dress with lace, pearls and gems.


I added the sentiment and bow on the front with a few gems to finish.


Inside the card I added the DL insert from the 'dance petticoat' folder from the 'Shoes in Bloom' CD and also fussy cut one of the topper images to add to the bottom corner.

I added a panel to the back of the aperture to write a greeting on. 




I finished teh back with another scalloped circle and a topper that I had trimmed with a plain circle die.



5 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Ali, I love your paper pleating - such a great idea.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Allison, I love that dress, very fifties and "Happy Days!" Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your folded dress.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison I love the idea of the pleated curtain in the aperture. Is your dummy a die cut....it's a fab idea and I wouldn't mind trying it out with my crafters here in Cyprus if that's ok with you. Hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little parcel of die cuts arrived today Allison. Thank so much and for the extra bits and bobs. I will be able to put them to good use. When I've done the project with my group I'll show you a piccie. Big hugs Wynn x

    ReplyDelete